Google map view
|Level:||Moderate - Mostly low level route or with some climbing on trail and/or public roads.|
This route heads north from Duns and passing Duns Law. The route climbs and then there is a rapid descent towards Ellemford Bridge. The route then heads west with a climb towards Whichester and this is followed by good views as the road continues along a ridge. It descends steeply to follow the Dye Water and then climbs gradually towards Longformacus. From here the route turns south east with climbs towards Hardens Hill and offering fine views towards the Cheviot Hills before heading back to Duns.
Further details of this route are available to download.
Local businesses and attractions on the route
Other Services including bike hire>
- Bike sales and/or repair: John Thorburn & Sons, Station Works | Tel: 01361 883245 | Web: www.jthorburn.co.uk
- Visitor Attraction: Jim Clark Room, 44 Newtown Street | Tel: 01361 883960 | Web: http://www.scotborders.gov.uk/outabout/visit/museums/3240.html
Places to Stay>
- Self Catering and Holiday Homes: 2 Kimmerghame Mains Cottage, Sinclairs Hill | Tel: 01325 358725 | Web: www.kimmerghamemains.com
- Farmhouse: Ravelaw Farmhouse, Ravelaw | Tel: 018908 70207 | Web: www.ravelaw.co.uk
- Self Catering and Holiday Homes: The Lodge, Mersington, Greenlaw | Tel: 01890 840757 | Web: