Kalemouth & Nisbet
Google map view
Kalemouth & Nisbet Stats
This route leaves Jedburgh and heads west and steeply towards Craiglinghall before descending gently to follow Cessford Burn downstream. You could detour to Morebattle but the route heads back along the Kale Water towards the Teviot Smokery and Water Garden. You cross over the Kale Water suspension bridge before heading south towards Nisbet before turning and following alongside the Jed Water back to Jedburgh.
Further details on this route are available to download.
Local businesses and attractions on the route
Places to Stay>
- Self Catering and Holiday Homes: Number 4 Cottage, Mounthooly | Tel: 01835 840671 | Web: www.glenacre.com/self-catering-cottage
- B&B: The School House, Edgerston School House, Camptown, | Tel: 01835 840627 | Web: www.theschoolhousebedandbreakfast.com/
- Self Catering and Holiday Homes: Wild Rose Cottage, Wild Rose and Owl Cottages, Bairnkine Farm Cottages | Tel: 01835 840 389 | Web: www.bairnkinecottages.co.uk
- Self Catering and Holiday Homes: Overwells Country Cottages, Overwells | Tel: 01835 863020 | Web: www.overwells.co.uk
- B&B: Willow Court, The Friars | Tel: 01835 863702 | Web: www.willowcourtjedburgh.co.uk
- Guest House: Allerton House, Oxnam Road | Tel: 01835 869633 | Web: www.allertonhouse.co.uk
Other Services including bike hire>
- Bike sales and/or repair: Celtic Bicycle Wheels, 1 Palace Farm Cottage | Tel: | Web: www.celticbicyclewheels.com
- Bike sales and/or repair: P & S Dorricott, 53-55 High Street | Tel: 01835 862423 | Web:
- Bike hire: Christopher Rainbow Tandem and Bike Hire, 8 Timpendean Cottages | Tel: 01835 830326 | Web: http://www.btinternet.com/~christopher.rainbow/index.htm
- Visitor Attraction: Jedburgh Castle Jail & Museum, Castlegate | Tel: 01835 864750 | Web: http://www.scotborders.gov.uk/outabout/visit/museums/3249.html
- Visitor Attraction: Mary Queen of Scots' Visitor Centre, Queen Street | Tel: 01835 863331 | Web: http://www.scotborders.gov.uk/outabout/visit/museums/3272.html
- Visitor Attraction: Harestanes Countryside Visitor Centre, Ancrum | Tel: 01835 830306 | Web: www.scotborders.gov.uk/harestanes
- Visitor Attraction: Jedburgh Abbey, 4/5 Abbey Bridgend | Tel: 01835 863 925 | Web: www.historic-scotland.gov.uk
Places to Eat>
Other route ideas
Distance: 55 miles
Towns: Jedburgh, Kelso, Melrose, Newtown St Boswells.
The 4 Abbeys is a 55 mile circular route linking the four main abbeys in the Scottish Borders at Melrose, Dryburgh, Kelso and Jedburgh. The...